- How many factors does a prime number have?
Correct Answer: 2
- Any number with more than two factors is called:
A) A complete number
B) A categorical number
C) A combined number
D) A composite number
Correct Answer: A composite number
- Why isn't one considered a prime number?
A) Because it is divisible by all whole numbers
B) Because it's a factor of all whole numbers
C) Because it's only divisible by one number
D) Because it can be used as the denominator of a fraction
Correct Answer: Because it's only divisible by one number
- What is the highest prime number after 11?
Correct Answer: 13
- What is the highest prime number after 19?
Correct Answer: 23
- Why isn't 9 considered prime?
A) Because it has two factors
B) Because it has one factor
C) Because it has three factors
D) Because it has four factors
Correct Answer: Because it has three factors
- What did Euclid and Eratosthenes have in common?
A) They were both Greek mathematicians
B) They were both Roman mathematicians
C) They were both Egyptian mathematicians
D) They were both Indian mathematicians
Correct Answer: They both were Greek mathematicians
- The fundamental theory of arithmetic states that all composite numbers are the ________ of prime numbers.
Correct Answer: Products
- How many prime numbers are there?
C) One million
D) An infinite number
Correct Answer: An infinite number
- What is the Sieve of Eratosthenes?
A) A battle that took place during Eratosthenes' lifetime
B) A technique for separating prime numbers from composite numbers
C) An ancient Greek tragedy
D) A method for finding the factors of composite numbers
Correct Answer: A technique for separating prime numbers from composite numbers
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.